NCSHRM Responds to Hurricane Florence
We stand together in support of our North Carolina employers and employees as we begin to recover from the devastating effects of Hurricane Florence. Click HERE for a SHRM News article on how Hurricane Florence has affected our employers and employees.
We are also posting the following links to assist you in being agile in your response:
SHRM Disaster Preparation and Recovery Resources
- Managing Through Emergency and Disaster
- Hurricane Florence Preparation and Recovery Resources
- Workplace Weather Disaster Resources
- How Employers Can Prepare, Recover from Hurricanes
- Comprehensive FAQs For Employers On Hurricanes And Other Workplace Disasters
Hurricane Florence Disaster Relief Organizations
(For information only, NCSHRM does not endorse any particular group)
- American Red Cross
- How to Help Those Affected by Hurricane Florence (NPR)
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC
- Direct Relief
- World Vision
- Carolina Center for Public Service
Please be advised of the following additional activities that NCSHRM is participating with partners to help in the restoration efforts:
- Our NC Coastal SHRM chapter in Greenville, NC, is organizing a clothing and food drive for those most affected by the storm. If you would like to participate, please contact Vickie Williford at Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The NCSHRM State Council will be voting on a donation to one of our NC disaster relief agencies at our state council meeting this coming Monday.
- In addition, our NCSHRM State Council donation will be augmented by:
- A generous donation from HRFLorida, our sister state council.
- For those of you attending the NCSHRM Annual Conference in Pinehurst next week, we will be collecting cash and gift cards (only) at our NCSHRM booth.
- NCSHRM will accept donations in any amount via credit card using the link below. All amounts collected will be added to our State Council donation.
Click HERE to contribute to the NCSHRM Hurricane Florence Relief Fund
(Note: contributions to our NCSHRM Relief Fund are not deductible)
As HR professionals, we understand best the need for compassion and humanitarian needs for our employees, friends and family members.